Henry Rollins said, “In winter, I plot and plan. In spring, I move.” Spring brings out the desire to let in the fresh air and clean out the cobwebs to get your home looking its best.
Here are 3 home improvement tips for spring in Cincinnati to give your home a fresh start.
1. Perform A Spring Checkup For Safety And Energy Efficiency
Spring is a great time to ensure all of your home’s systems are ready for the the upcoming summer months. Homeowners in Cincinnati should inspect these things each spring:
- HVAC System. Test your air conditioning system to ensure that it’s ready for the coming summer heat. Swap out your furnace and air conditioning filters to improve your HVAC system’s energy efficiency. Some HVAC companies will do this service for a low fee.
- Smoke Detectors. Keep your family safe by testing your carbon monoxide and smoke alarms. Put new batteries in your alarms every spring and fall.
- Caulking and Windows. Check the caulking around doors, windows, and kitchen and bathroom fixtures for leaks or cracks. Repair the caulking if needed. Put in window treatments, like plantation shutters, to increase your window’s energy efficiency and temperature control. Open all your windows to ensure that they can freely move.
2. Deep Clean Your House So That It Shines
Nothing makes your house shine as well as a good, deep clean. Start by decluttering your rooms to open up the area. Next, clean anything you don’t clean weekly such as kitchen and bathroom walls, baseboards, floors, and ceiling fans. Shine your kitchen and bathroom fixtures. Vacuum your furniture, and clean under and behind it as well.
Bring in more light by cleaning your windows. Scrub your windows and screens to remove smudges and dust. Clean any shutters, draperies, or other window treatments. You can give your window blinds a lift with an ultrasonic cleaning treatment.
3. Redecorate Your Rooms For A Fresh Look
After you’ve cleaned your house, you’re ready for the fun part: redecorating.
The easiest way to redecorate your home is to start with what you have. Rearranging your furniture can give the room an entirely new feel. Or try shopping your house, which means switching out the furniture and accessories you already have between rooms. Bring in more color with bright accessories, new paint, and live plants.
If you want to give your room a new style, then look through our idea gallery for new ideas and inspiration. It’s full of photos of different styles of rooms and window treatments for any space in your house. Once you’ve chosen a color scheme and style you like, you can bring in furniture, paint colors, and accessories.
Window treatments are a simple item to update that matches your current furnishings and freshens up your home. You can select from a variety of shutters including plantation shutters, reclaimed wood shutters, and barn door shutters in addition to blinds and shades.
Find More Design Tips
Take a look at our design tips for more ideas for inspiration. And if you see a look and window treatment that you love, call us at 513-216-9740 or fill out the form below to schedule a free in-home consultation. Our team will walk you through picking the perfect window treatment to give your home a beautiful, fresh look this spring.